Install Windows 7 Themes on Vista ,Mac And Xp
This is tutorial to learn you how to Install Windows 7 Themes on Vista and Xp by using 7-zip
1. Download Windows 7 Theme You Like From My Special Themes
First of all, you should find some “official” Windows 7 Themes that you like. Keep in mind that only official themes will work probably, unsigned 3rd-party themes might still cause a lot of trouble on Vista (but worth trying).
2. Extract Themepack File & Install
For this tutorial, I’ve picked the Avatar Theme. You can’t drag and drop the .themepack files into 7-ZIP.
1. Go to “File” – Click on “Open Inside” (CTRL + Page Down)
2. Go to your download folder and double-click on for example “Avatar_Windows7.themepack”
3. After you extracted all the files, you have to double-click on the “.theme” file. Windows Vista supports this file format and Aero, so they will be fully compatible! XP and Mac don’t support Aero, so you can simply extract the wallpapers only and set them as your desktop background.
This step is needed to manually install the themes on Vista:
Copy all of the files & folders to the theme folder: C:UsersyourusernameAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsThemes
your user name is the name of your computer account and this is all you have finished installing the theme there is an other optional steps to make the theme more prefect
3. Download Windows 7 Background Changer for Vista (optional)
Ok, Vista doesn’t have a built-in background changer like Windows 7 does, but there are plenty of great tools that can do it for you. One of the best is “John’s Background Switcher”:
4. Copy Windows 7 Screensaver (optional)
Luckily, almost all screensavers are compatible with Windows Xp, Vista and Windows 7. All you have to do is to copy the .scr files (for screensaver) into the Windows 7 Screensaver folder:
C:WindowsSystem32 (Yes, this is the correct folder, there is NO sub-folder for screensavers)
5. Copy desktop icons (optional)
If you themepack comes with desktop icons, you will have to install them manually.
1. Right-click on your desktop – Click on “Personalize”
2. Click on “Change desktop icons”
3. Assign each icon manually after clicking on “change icon”:
Now you finished installing the theme with all its stuff if you have any other questions, you can ask me them freely